I accidentally low balled my salary before an offer! Should I correct my mistake?

I had a few rounds of interviews 2 weeks ago. Today I got a call from HR. I accidentally stated my salary needs at $5-10k lower than my preferred range. She almost giggled and sounded surprised as she said “of course we can cover that.” I immediately knew I messed up.

Do I call back tomorrow and correct myself? Or do I stand by for the offer and attempt to negotiate then?

Or, given the current job climate and the fact that I am currently unemployed and feel lucky as hell to even have this “problem,” do I accept it as is and ask for a salary review when we go back to work in the office later this year since obviously my work load and job will be changing drastically?

Very torn on what to do.

I’m considering calling her tomorrow morning and saying that I’ve given it some thought and would prefer to start negotiations higher. Based on her review of my interviews, an offer is imminent so I feel confident.

EDIT:

To clarify: this is a production job in NYC. current situation would be work from home. I panicked and said $70k, but I would like to be closer to $80k. I currently do not know specifics of the benefits package.

submitted by /u/meet_kleplin
[link] [comments]

from Career Guidance https://ift.tt/3aYUmHQ
via h s
Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments